Saturday, August 28, 2010

Miscellaneous photos.

Here's a few shots of things that I had sitting around, and just thought I'd share.

These cress sprouts made an appearance on the beet and carrot burgers that I made last week. I think it was last week? It's hard to keep track of time at the moment. Either way, I'm not a fan of cress, but I had an overseas visitor staying, and she bought them - only to discover that she didn't like them that much, either. They're incredibly peppery, and remind me of nasturtium leaves, if you've ever eaten those. (Needless to say, I don't like eating nasturtiums either!) Oh, and that's the Bio symbol here in Germany - it's just a sign that it's certified Organic.

This is the last piece of a delicious frittata that I had for breakfast a few weeks ago, using leftover chinese greens (kan kong) and a large amount of garlic. Needless to say, it was delectable, which is why I was unable to take a photo until I was lamenting that I only had one bite left.

This is my incredibly ugly mug... ha. Actually, it's my housemate's ugly mug, and it contains a good portion of very strong coffee. I'm not a morning person, despite my daily early starts, so I'm something of a monster until I get my coffee. I know it's not local, but I do my best to buy organic and fair-trade coffee, so it's a compromise I'm going to continue to make. I love my tea and coffee, and I don't think it's worth the misery of giving up comforting hot drinks when I'm so far from home. I'm beginning to be such a creature of habit in my old age!

This is the remnant of the sweet halva (Turkish, not Indian! I know the name is the same!) that I bought while my friend was visiting. We went to a Turkish grocery store and I decided that she had to try it. It's made of sesame seeds and sugar, and she wasn't sold on the aftertaste (very sesame) but that didn't stop me from polishing off the rest of the container in the space of a few days... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...