Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Broccoli and Brussels Sprout Stirfry

Vegan Mofo - half way there!

This is one of my go-to meals at the moment, because it's incredibly easy. I've been pretty busy lately, and as of tonight I'll have an old workmate of mine visiting for a few days, so I imagine that meals like this will be pretty commonplace. I hope she likes vegetables a lot, otherwise she'll be mighty hungry... ;)

These gorgeous little gems are the star of the show. I know that everyone is obsessed with roasting them, but honestly, if you knew how long my oven takes to preheat, you'd all be posting recipes for sauteed and stir-fried brussels sprouts. Or maybe you're just not as hungry as I am? That's also possible. So, when you're in dire need of dinner, grab a couple of veg, a couple of spices, and some soya sauce, and there you have it. I don't even bother cooking rice, half the time. This is healthy food for lazy people. Aka, meals designed for me. :)

Broccoli and Brussels Sprout Stirfry
1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
400g brussels sprouts, quartered
oil
soy sauce, to taste (I use a few tablespoons - depends how much you love your salt!)
1 thai birdseye chilli, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1x 2cm piece ginger, finely chopped

Sautee chilli, garlic and ginger in a small splash of oil, until fragrant.
Add the vegetables, and stir fry over high heat, until the brussels sprouts are looking a little burnished.
Add the soysauce, tasting for salt as needed.
Eat while still hot, with rice, if you're more patient than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...