Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pear Muffins

There were two lessons learned from my recent foray into making pear muffins using pear puree. The first was that the excess batter could be thinned with a little soymilk, and made into pear pancakes. I'm definitely doing that one again sometime.

However, I should also write a hundred lines on the blackboard of my memory:

I must not add the rest of the packet of baking powder simply because there's only a teaspoon left.
I must not add the rest of the packet of baking powder simply because there's only a teaspoon left.

These muffins looked like the best thing I'd ever baked... until I took them out of the oven. By the time they cooled, they were little sunken souffles, with a dense texture. However, they still tasted amazing, so I put a spoonful of vanilla soy yoghurt onto the hollows created by the sinking, and enjoyed them as rather tall pear tarts. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Pear pancakes and souffle muffins? Plese send me some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, tall pear tarts - very inventive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mihl - I'll send you my failures if you send me your successes! Sound fair?

    Agnes - yessss, "inventive"... that's what we'll call it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...