Saturday, December 4, 2010

Garlic and White Bean dip.

Sorry for disappearing off the face of the earth after the Vegan Month of Food... I've been pretty flat-out lately, but that's not all bad. In fact, a very good dip came from a recent visit to my friends in Muenster: Tash and I were lamenting the lack of ready-made dips, but a quick scan of her kitchen proved that she had all the necessary ingredient to make one of the easiest (and most garlicky) dips around:

Garlic and White Bean Dip

1 x 400g tin white beans, washed and drained
3 Tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic
juice of 1/2 small lemon
salt and pepper

Sautee the garlic in the olive oil until browned.
Add all ingredients to your lovely food processor. Or Tash's lovely food processor, in this case. Blend until smooth.
Add water to adjust consistency - you want it thick, but you need to be able to dip the crackers without breaking them.
Tash also had some chives in her fridge, so I added a couple. They did look rather pretty.

Confession: I really enjoy taking over other people's kitchens! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I think everyone is taking a little break for a while after MoFo :)

    That dip sounds super easy and super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please come and take over my kitchen anytime, the dip was amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...