Thursday, February 24, 2011

Marinated Mushrooms

This is a really easy way to brighten up a simple salad. Take 250g mushrooms, toss in 2 Tbsp balsamic, a little salt and pepper, a finely chopped garlic clove and a handful of chopped herbs, and leave to marinate for a few hours. They were still fresh and firm inside, with a tangy balsamic outer, and went perfectly with cherry tomatoes and avocado. If you want soft mushrooms, slice them really thinly, up the balsamic and leave them overnight. Then use the balsamic and mushroom-moisture pond that they'll be soaking in as salad dressing. Little ways to make the day a little brighter...

Speaking of things that are making my day a little brighter, tomorrow I'll be heading to the North Sea for the weekend, with my lovely housemate. Keep your fingers crossed that I don't freeze! :)

4 comments:

  1. I love mushrooms. This looks very tasty and healthy! Love the combination of flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! Sometimes it's the simplest things that end up being the tastiest... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love marinated mushrooms. I must admit, I never added them to a salad. Wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...