Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Spaghetti Squash.


The above spaghetti squash was one that I picked up at the Dom Markt, unlabelled, with no ideas what it is. A closer inspection of the fine-grained flesh gave away its identity. And the coffee cup is for size comparison, of course. It has absolutely nothing to do with me constantly drinking coffee when I sit in the kitchen.

Roasted in the oven, cut-side down and rubbed with olive oil, for the better part of an hour. The flesh flakes into very short strands, which I discover to be utterly flavourless, until the slightly-bitter aftertaste hits. I'm definitely sticking to the other variety of Spaghetti Squash from now on. Oh, and above is the sort of natural light I usually get in my kitchen... until, miracle of miracles, the sun comes out. Then everything gets overexposed, which I don't mind, because it takes the attention away from that ugly tablecloth.


There's a lolly shop here that has one of these sitting in the window, carved into a Jack-O-Lantern. I think next time I'll follow the unspoken advice of the locals, and just make it into something decorative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...